Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Book Club Dinner / Chris Accident

Every year, when it is my time to host my book club, I fix a formal dinner for the ladies. I usually take a day off and spend the day cleaning/cooking/baking for the event. Today was another successful dinner -- even though a sweeper broke, the grill wouldn't start (so went from Grilled Mahi Mahi to Baked), and the garbage disposal broke. (I need my hubby home!!!) I had salad, strawberries, homemade rolls, Mahi Mahi (fixed 1/2 mango chipolte and lemon merinade for other half), aspargus with orange sauce, baked potatoes, mini strawberry cheesecakes, mini chocolate cheesecakes, and hummingbird cake.

We were ending our evening together when Kristina brought me the cell phone. It was our niece in Georgia. Both of Alison's girls (Alison is Chris's sister) go to University of Georgia, and had come to Atlanta to have dinner with their uncle since he was there on a business trip. When he showed up for dinner, he had had a wreck when cycling with some people in Atlanta after work, and his hand was in bad shape. They took him to hospital, and then I was called. He is not seriously injured (Thank you, God) but last that I talked to him, he was debating with doctor on cast versus splint. Chris is wanting to make sure he can still cycle. ;(

And then people wonder why I pray for boredom!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You poor dear with all the things breaking down or falling apart. At least Chris will have something to do when he gets home. *smiles* Of course he may have trouble with his hand being wrapped up. Poor guy. Can't win for loosing huh?

    Your dinner sounded lovely. Glad it all worked out despite any mishaps that happened.

    May your weekend be "trouble" free and filled with joy.

    ReplyDelete