Saturday, February 21, 2009

February Book Recommendations

As most of you know, I am a voracious reader. This year, I am going to try to make each month have a different category for the books that I read, and then I will recommend the best books for that category.

I read a wide variety of books as I believe that all Christians should be well-versed in modern culture (as long as not sinful) so that we can relate to people. Paul was well-versed in the many places that he went so that he could talk to all people and compare/contrast their beliefs with Christ.

This month's theme was: Teen Age Fiction. I have been enjoying it more than I dreamed as there are many thought-provoking books out there for young people. So, if looking for an enjoyable read, here are the two that I highly enjoyed this month.

"The Adoration of Jenna Fox" by Mary E Pearson
I loved this book. It is a story of a 17 year old girl who has just awoken from a year-long coma. There were many sentences that just grapped me as there were so much truth in them. Jenna's social skills are non-existant, and she does many inappropriate social actions, but her heart is so appropriate.
"I am an oaf. My timing is off. But I had to get it out. Some things you have to tell, no matter how stupid they may sound. Some things you can't save for later. There might not be a later."

"Life as We Knew It" by Susan Beth Pfeffer
This book has won many awards, which it justly deserves. It is a story of when a meteor hits the moon, and the results on earth are told by a high school girl's diary.

1 comment:

  1. Your book suggestions sound interesting. I love to read too, so I may give them a try. :o)

    ReplyDelete