Friday, January 23, 2009

"The Love Dare"

My good friend Debbie told me about a book she was currently reading for her daily devotional called "The Love Dare", a book challenging one for 40 days to read and help build true intimacy and develop a dynamic marriage by three important daily elements: 1) each day an aspect of love is discussed. 2) A daily dare to do for your spouse, some easy and some difficult. 3) A journal to log how /what you are doing.

I mentioned the book to Chris casually and suggested that maybe we could read it together. After I bought the book yesterday and read “Day 1”, I excitedly knew that this book would be a challenging journey for me as the first day convicted and motivated me. So last night Chris and I read together Day 1 of the 40 day “Love Dare” challenge, and for the next 40 days we will be using this book to improve our marriage.

I will also be using the principles of the book to work on my relationship with Kristina. Day 1’s principle is “Love is Patient”, and I struggle with being patient with my child more that I do with my spouse. So, when I take the daily dares, I am going to try to apply the dare in some way to my relationship with Kristina.

Though Chris and I are only on Day 1 (and he liked the book/chapter too), I would recommend this book to anyone. Even if you aren’t married, all relationships would benefit by having unconditional love practiced, which is what the book is about. If you are married, esp. for several years (when the romance dies down and disappointments come) consider taking the dare along with Chris and me and making your marriage stronger!

If anyone does read it, I would love to know your opinions.

1 comment:

  1. I bought that book last year when it first came out and read chapter one, but I've since put it done b/c it is something I hope do on a level where you and Chris are doing it together. Clay and I have done that with other books and I am looking forward to the time when we get to this one you speak of.

    ReplyDelete