Thursday, January 29, 2009

In Lander, Wyoming

On Tuesday, my mother had complications at the hospital, so I made the decision to come to Wyoming to be with her. I thought it was a 12 hour drive, but it was really 15 and ½. hours, 1023 miles. I left at 5:30 PM on Tuesday, and I arrived at the hospital at 9 AM, here in Lander, WY. I definitely feel these long over-night drives more as I get older.

My mother has a challenging road ahead of her. I expect her to be in the hospital for at least three more weeks, and then she should probably go to a rehab facility for three months. Hard decisions for her may have to be made in this next month, and my heart aches for her and other elderly people who start losing their independence for I know it has to be frustrating.

Thank God for the awesome blessing of my job. I am allowed to work from my mother’s house for the twelve days that I am in WY, so I will spend business days working from her house and be able to visit her each morning, lunch and evenings.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you get to spend time with your Mom during this time in her life. Not great that she's sick, but great that you can be there for/with her. May God grant you patience and wisdom as you help her through this time.

    ReplyDelete