Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In Lander, Wyoming Again! And Chris Accident, Again!

Last weekend, I made another trek to Lander, Wyoming to spend a week with my mother. She is doing well living at home, but I felt that she needed someone living staying with her for another week. She is slowly recovering some strength in her leg and will be able to live alone (with some assistance) fine. My sister did a great job the week that she was here helping Mom get adjusted to living with a disability. My brother Terry did work on her house for handicap, and my sister-in-law Judith cooked food for Mom several times a week.

My sister jinxed me on trip though. I had told her that I had set my cruise control at 81 for last trip during SD and WY, and about two hours before I got to Mom's, my sister called me and told me that when she was here the previous week, she got a ticket by listening to my advice as she was going 80. Thankfully, I put my speed down to 75 then as I was on state highway, and 15 minutes later I got pulled over. UGH! Thankfully, I got a warning.

Also, I was 1/2 way through SD, when I called Chris's cell. He sounded awful. I remarked about how bad he sounded, and he said that he wasn't feeling the greatest, and he would call me later. Three hours later Kristina called me but I really couldn't understand what she was saying. She kept saying he was all right now. Come to find out when I had called him before, he was in emergency room, and he knew that I would have turned around and went home so he didn't tell me and told Kristina not to tell me until I got to Mom's house. He had hit his head outside a bike shop (I'm becoming convinced that cycling is not good for my hubby!!) and was bleeding and hurt seriously enough that EMTs were called. He was taken to ER, where he got stitches across his forehead. The doctors are not sure how badly scarred he will be. I am just glad that he is OK now.

So, though part of me wants to pray for boredom, but God has been dealing with me about being content with life that I have been given. So, life and its drama continues.

1 comment:

  1. Wow-Tell Chris I said to take a break from falling over on his bike! Hope you all see the up side of it all soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete